Tuesday 2 July 2013

Picnic Spot of Manali - Van Vihar

It was almost lunch time I reached Manali. And without food it was impossible for me now to even think of anything else.

Went to Mall road of Manali. Once you are in Mall road it is full of restaurants offering food of any country you want. For me it was the time of fill myself and for me my best option was not to think much of and go for something which I love. Had my favourite Kadhai paneer (cottage cheese cooked in capsicum and tomato gravy ) and Naan (bread), it was relishing.

 

_DSC0076

 

Just opposite to my restaurant was the entry gate of VAN VIHAR. Things have changed in metro’s , Malls have taken over the picnic spots but It was nice to see a traditional picnic spot in Manali.

Van vihar, a govt maintained park taking care of endangered and almost near to extinct species.

_DSC0164

I was lucky to see Monal though for some seconds only , National bird of Himachal Pradesh moving freely there. It is considered lucky according to the local people to have a glimpse of Monal as it is not found much in the down areas and now is found mainly in Himalayas only.

According to authorities of Van vihar Monal has reached to extinction because of its crest , which remains the same for whole life and is sold in very high prices used on the turban.

_DSC0107

_DSC0110

Going down the stairs was River beas. Sitting on the bank enjoying Maggi and egg was in itself amazing thing.

Its is a nice place for kids as well. Lot of water sports and adventure acts were available there.

_DSC0071 _DSC0079

 

How could i miss these two unique trees to be clicked by my camera.....

truely a very relaxing place was for me specially when i was tired of my 15 hrs journey and wanted to feel some fresh air. what could be better than sitting on Bank of tree , little bit of drizzle and a cup of hot tea in hands.

wanted to sit some more but tour had just started and bucket list was yet to be unchecked...

so Moved on..

1 comment: