Friday 19 July 2013

Feel the Beach in Manali... Just visit La Plaze Manali

Day 4 has arrived. Last day for me in Manali, trip was going to end and I had some hours only to cover some of the places which were still still left from Bucket list. Had to catch my bus in the evening and checkout from hotel by 10.00 AM.

I left my luggage with hotel staff and just carried my backpack and umbrella and moved out to explore some more. My first destination was club house,Manali.

I had read about this place in some magazines and I was very curious to go there. I had plenty of time today and just few places to cover so I skipped hiring a car and relied on my legs.Though it was a typical sunny day and a sunny day in hilly region is worse than the summers of Delhi, more chances of getting skin burn. First I reached Club house which was just 1km from my hotel.

Just outside of club house was a board, marking the name of my next Destination. La Plaze just 900 mts from club house. Me and my wife kept on moving towards La Plaze Manali , I had never expected this would be such a nice walk.

_DSC0352 _DSC0359

 

_DSC0347

Walking on the street on the edge of mountains, river flowing on the right and Apple farms on the left, what else would I expect. But I do gave it a thought and I am pretty sure it was not 900 mts which I traveled that day or maybe the heat of the sun had exhausted me like I have travelled miles.

After some 20min from club house I reached LA PLAZE. A restaurant of which I had heard and I was dying to visit and atlast I was there.

 

Simple board outside and a small entry gate, but once entered it was something else. I could the feel the efforts which the owners have put in to make this place as something which would leave its imprints on one’s memory.

La Plaze Manali_DSC0381_DSC0383

 

Built like a cottage home in a European stlye,  a small shed passage leading you to the entry of the main sitting area which comprise of indoor as well as open air sitting. Some 4-5 umbrella were placed in the open area and some 6-7 table sitting in the indoor area.

Two couples sitting and talking in one of the umbrella and on seeing me one of them approached me and welcomed me very warmly. This gesture of them had already impressed me. Though my 1st words to them were “ Are Sure it is Only 900 mts “ from club house, he said , they have a full time auto rikshaw to give pick up service to people who are visiting La Plaze , pick up point being club house though I was not lucky enough and came by foot only.

Preferred to sit outside only and ordered something to drink and a pasta. Till the time my order is served it was time to click some picks.

_DSC0356 _DSC0391

_DSC0428

 

 

 

Surrounded by Apple farms though no apple was hanging,  snow valley covering the back of the restaurant like a painting and on the right mountain from where huge water fall was flowing. A scene which was serene and calm in itself , I was just loving the location of the restaurant.

My order was to be served and I was roaming here and there just doing the Reiki of the place, there owner Shivani came to  us and invited us for the opening party of this season of them. They had opened this restaurant last year only and they have maintained this tradition to give an opening party to their friends and all. I told them I have to leave today only and wont be able to attend but their gesture had struck me and I was too impressed by this.

_DSC0430 _DSC0431

We had a long chat, she told me how she planned to open a restaurant in Manali. She runs a restaurant by same name La plaze which means “ The Beach “ in French, its like Feel the Beach in Manali just visit La Plaze. She showed me the inside of the restaurant and how she planned and designed every inch of there, it took her a month to decide the location and height of the Smoke chimney in the main dining hall. She had brought some carpenters specially from Goa who were building a small bamboo shop in the open courtyard, as they carpenters of Manali don’t know how to build from Bamboo so she had arranged some people from Goa.

I spent there and hour or so. I was too much satisfied from my visit there and infact I was too happy that I had chosen this place and my decision to add it in my bucket list was correct.

A place , one must visit if he wants to spend some lovely time with the loveliest of Ambience and a host who makes you feel comfortable like a childhood friend and has known your choices like their own.

Just loved visiting La Plaze….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment