Monday 8 July 2013

Paragliding | life in hand of a stranger

I was returning from Rohtang pass. While going there i had seen it and had told my driver to stop when coming back. Butterflies were there in my stomach , i was making my mind and making myself strong to say YES for a life time moment. It was paragliding.

Before that we stopped for a very beautiful Fall "Rahla Fall". Dont know from where it was coming. Half of fall was frozen and water was coming beneath the ice.

 

[caption id="attachment_971" align="alignnone" width="678"]Waterfall - Rahla Naala Waterfall - Rahla Naala[/caption]

An awesome scene. Chilled and clean water. Tried to stand barefoot but was possible for a second or so. But i satisfied my curiosity.

 

 

[caption id="attachment_972" align="alignnone" width="1024"]waterfall waterfall[/caption]

I was in a hurry to test myself for Paragliding. So dint stopped much at Rahla fall and moved forward. After some 15min i reached the spot where paragliders were gathered. Trainers were stopping everbody.

My driver told me that its the place where you can be in air for the maximum of minutes. Ya it is for minutes only an they were charging Rs 2000 for a person.

My wife was going adamant, not to do that but i wanted to do it. Trainer told us everything how they are going to take us into air. They were very helpfull. We took our time and stopped there for a while and saw other people going for it an how trainer was.

Trainer just gave me one straight suggestion " Sir this is a lifetime experience and dont know when you are going to come back , you will be scared for only that much of seconds till the time your legs are touching earth an once you are in air you will have no option just to enjoy the moment " an i loved his suggestion.

And suddenly one voice came "LETS DO IT".... It was my wife who gave the Nod and now we were ready to go.

 

[caption id="attachment_973" align="alignnone" width="1024"]Paragliding - lovely sky in front Paragliding - lovely sky in front[/caption]

I decided to send my wife first , as she would get scared if i went first and if she denied to do afterwards i wouldnt be able to help as i would be in Air.

It was simple , we sat in a seat. Trainer was string attached to us and he was standing.He opened the parachute and just said one thing " Mam Raise your Legs a bit" .

In a second my wife was in air and i could see her smiling and waving. I was just clicking pics of her and in some seconds she was far off.

[caption id="attachment_974" align="alignnone" width="1024"]Paragliding - what a lovely scene from top Paragliding - what a lovely scene from top[/caption]

 

Now it was my turn. Same was going to happen to me. Life in Air in the Hands of a stranger. And my life was suddenly worth of only Rs 2000 , that is what i paid to them for one person.

This guy said same lines and i was in the air. And his suggestion was true to every word. Now i had no option just to enjoy. Once i was in air that seat gripped me hard with pressure and i was comfortable like sitting on a small couch just without a back.

 

paragliding - over the top

paragliding - over the top
 

His same lines came again. Sir Raise your legs. I just raised a bit and slowly he touched the ground and made me sit on the ground. Not a single hitch.

Just before i was landing i was thinking what will happen when i will touch the ground. But it was smooth like anything i could have imagined.

For some 7-8 min i was in Air .

It was that moment of my life when i had reached to the extremes of my life. Being scared, Enjoyed to the utmost , happiness and something which i had never thought that i would be able to do "paragliding".

But i did it. Me and My wife were on cloud 9.

This was something which was not in my bucketlist but it topped my list of experiences.

Trust me " Now i want to do it Again "

 

No comments:

Post a Comment