Saturday 14 September 2013

Shree Vilas Orchid, Udaipur.... Lake Facing...Best resort to stay at Udaipur

Very rare it happens that one changes his own trend , but this do happen sometimes and the driving force behind it has to be something very special or something which has impressed you a lot. Same is happening with me here , this trip of Udaipur has left some very special memories on my heart which has forced me to change my trend.

On all the previous occasions i have maintained to write a blog on the Hotel in which i stayed at the end, but this time my stay at Shree Vilas Orchid , Udaipur has forced me to slide it upwards on the list.

From Railway station it took me only some 15min to reach to my hotel Shree Vilas Orchid in which that time is also included when i had to leave my car some distance away from Hotel.

[caption id="attachment_782" align="alignnone" width="1024"]Way to Shree vilas Orchid Way to Shree vilas Orchid[/caption]

It is a very common thing at Udaipur , not many hotels are there where car could reach direct at the entry of the hotel. Same was here , i had to leave my car some 300 mts away from the hotel , but thanks to the management staff they have arranged their own Auto rikshaw to take the visitors to the hotel.

[caption id="attachment_783" align="alignnone" width="1024"]Entering the Tent area or can say rooms Entering the Tent area or can say rooms[/caption]

It just took 2 min for us to reach to the hotel by auto.

I had seen the website of the Shree Vilas Orchid and i had some idea of the ambience but still it was going to be a surprise for me.

This above pic was the my first view of the hotel and i was sure in a second that i have chosen the best stay in Udaipur. I did the need full formalities while checking in which was quite speedy enough for me.

[caption id="attachment_784" align="alignnone" width="1024"]my room facing garden,swimming pool and lake pichola my room facing garden,swimming pool and lake pichola[/caption]

I was given the corner most room (Room 101), thanks to the owner Mr. Rajeev Kalra who made it possible for me and gave me the best room with the best of view.

[caption id="attachment_785" align="alignnone" width="1024"]Lake facing tents of shree vilas orchid Lake facing tents of shree vilas orchid[/caption]

But i would surely add this, on looking at all the 17 tents it is seriously very hard to say which room has got the best location. For me all the room's have the perfect view of Lake Pichola as this hotel is right on the bank of Lake Pichola.

By the word Tent i would sure like to explain this thing and dont want to confuse all that they are not the perfect tents. i would call them as the conglomeration of Room and Tent both. This concept, i was watching for first time, i have never loved the stay of tent , had some bad experiences on my trip to Nainital. But here i was much relieved , walls of the tents have been constucted like a normal brick wall and the roof of tent has been added to them giving both the feeling of a tent and room. And with the help of concrete walls i can say air condition was also able to cool the room perfectly which i have noticed in my previous stays that air conditions doesnt cool when one is staying in a perfect tent. Hats off to the management and concept curator to come up with the idea.

[caption id="attachment_786" align="alignnone" width="1024"]View of Lake Pichola from the Restaurant of Shree Vilas Orchid View of Lake Pichola from the Restaurant of Shree Vilas Orchid[/caption]

Sitting in the restaurant,sipping a hot cup of tea and on one side it is a lush green garden of Shree Vilas Orchid and on the other side is Lake Pichola , it was like i was watching flow of diamonds rather than flow of water. What else a view one wants.

[caption id="attachment_787" align="alignnone" width="1024"]View of Lake Pichola From my room Window View of Lake Pichola From my room Window[/caption]

Over night train journey , then a visit to the City Palace of Jaipur and the Market of Udaipur. It was becoming very tiring for me , i decided to come back to the room and take a short nap and then move for my next destination.

This is what i had decided, but suddenly what struck in my mind and opened the window curtain and saw this view from my room window. What else to expect , forgot everything and my camera was back On and i spent again some 30min capturing the beautiful moments from room and outside. This was heaven for me, Lake Pichola was just some meters away from my room, just come out and i could feel the cool breeze and feel the sound a splashes. It was amazing.

[caption id="attachment_788" align="alignnone" width="678"]She gave me a hard look.. may be camera consious She gave me a hard look.. may be camera concious[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_789" align="alignnone" width="1024"]Kingfisher Bird... Sitting just outside my room Kingfisher Bird... Sitting just outside my room[/caption]

Staying at Shree Vilas Orchid was the best stay of my trip for me and my camera was also loving it. View of these birds , View of sunset from the room only , water showing his diamond flow.... All these are a treat for any photographer and i was loving it.

Thanks and kudos to the Shree Vilas Orchid, for coming up with this concept and above all selecting this perfect location for it.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment